Back in February, I decided that I had spent enough time thinking about pursuing a dream from child hood. What was that dream? To build a remote controlled robot of course. I cared not what it did, just as long as it was mobile.
Lacking any ideas of something useful to do, I decided to create something that would be able to chase small animals. Luckily, I already had found two volunteers for testing The Device. As an homage to the beta testers I named this project Cat Antagonizing Tactical Platform of Oppression.
- 4x servos — The Drive
- 1x Raspberry Pi — The Brains
- 1x internal camera — The Vision
- 1x Motion sensor — The 6th Sense
- 6x LEDs — The Lights
- 1x powered speaker — The Voice
- 1x ethernet & 2x wifi — The Trinity
- 1x awesome battery & 1x power jack — The Power
- IR camera — That black test subject is hard to find otherwise.
- Proximity sensors — Will greatly help with navigating smaller spaces in pursuit of the test subjects.
- GUI — Right now shell scripts ungracefully control the robot’s movements.
- Finishing of the chassis
- I need to get the front and back panels laser cut.
- Top panel needs redone with mounting holes for the motion sensor.
- I’m also going to paint it to make it all black. It needs stealth.
- Any one with a cell phone should be able to connect to the robot and control it.